AshiGuard is a whole food supplement that contains Ashitaba plant. AshiGuard contains 40x more ashitaba chalcones compared to regular Ashitaba powder or tea. Ashitaba chalcones are found to have blood glucose-lowering properties.
Ashitaba - The New Superfood
Ashitaba (also know as Angelica Keiskei) is a native Japanese apiaceous plant that has its origin on Hachijo Island, Japan. The inhabitants of Hachijo Island are well known for their longevity and good health. Ashitaba has been an integral part of their diet for hundreds of years.
Ashitaba means “Tomorrow Leaf” in Japanese. Its vital life force is so strong that it is believed to grow new leaf tomorrow if you were to pick one of its leaves today. Due to its rich nutrition and remarkable healing effects, Ashitaba gained its fine reputation as longevity grass.
When you cut Ashitaba’s leaf or stem, you will see a sticky yellow sap. This yellow sap is unique to Ashitaba and cannot be found in other umbelliferae plants. This yellow sap in very precious as only a few milligrams can be collected at once from the cut surface of the stem. Ashitaba polyphenol is concentrated in the yellow sap and its main component is more than 10 types of “Chalcone”.
Benefits of Ashiguard are:
• General health maintenance.
Benefits of ashitaba are:
• In animal study, ashitaba yellow exudate from Angelica keiskei koidzumi (ashitaba) might help to prevent thrombotic diseases or alleviate the risk of thrombotic diseases in obesity mice .
• In animal study, ashitaba extract can possibly prevent adiposity through modulating lipid metabolism .
1. Ohta, M., Fujinami, A., Oishi, K., Kobayashi, N., Ohnishi, K., & Ohkura, N. (2019). Ashitaba (Angelica Keiskei) Exudate Prevents Increases in Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1 Induced by Obesity in Tsumura Suzuki Obese Diabetic Mice. Journal of dietary supplements, 16(3), 331–344. https://doi.org/10.1080/19390211.2018.1458366
2. Zhang, T., Yamashita, Y., Yasuda, M., Yamamoto, N., & Ashida, H. (2015). Ashitaba (Angelica keiskei) extract prevents adiposity in high-fat diet-fed C57BL/6 mice. Food & function, 6(1), 135–145. https://doi.org/10.1039/c4fo00525b
Each capsule contains:
• 100mg Ashitaba Chalcone powder (standardized to NLT 8% chalcones)
• 400mg Organic Ashitaba Powder